Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Writing Activity--Starbucks

So instead of writing in my usual, squalid dorm room I decided to check out the local Starbucks right below Centre Court. I walked into the cozy coffee haven and took a look around. I hadn't decided if I was going to order a drink, so I took a seat on the plush chair in the corner so I could have a good view of everything around me. A stout man walked in with a woolen beret on his head, which kind of reminded me of something my grandfather would wear. He went to the counter and mumbled a drink order that was inaudible to anyone beside the barista. He glanced at me and I half-smiled, not knowing exactly what to expect. He took his grande coffee cup and walked out the door. The cold of the night hit my face and I shivered. Is it really that cold out? I guess I didn't realize it. The background music is very elevator-esque, which makes it hard for me to concentrate. I think this is why I never leave my dorm to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment